Course Code: PM03
Duration: 5 days
You will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to manage projects successfully.
This course is designed for persons in a variety of job roles who currently contribute to project teams in various ways, including providing subject matter expertise (e.g., marketing, finance, customer care, processing, fulfillment) and serving as project team sponsors, facilitators, liaisons, or coordinators, but who do not function as project managers and who have little or no formal exposure to or training in standardized project management terminology and processes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe project management fundamentals.
- Identify project management processes.
- Initiate a project.
- Manage project scope.
- Estimate project time.
- Develop project schedules.
- Analyze project cost.
- Measure project quality.
- Organize human resources for a project.
- Devise effective communication methods for resources involved in the project.
- Analyze risks and plan risk responses.
- Process project procurements.
- Integrate project workflow.
Understanding Project Management Fundamentals
- Topic 1A: Define Project Management Basics
- Topic 1B: Examine Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Topic 1C: Examine the Project Management Context
Identifying Project Management Processes
- Topic 2A: Examine the Project Life Cycle
- Topic 2B: Recognize Process Groups
Initiating a Project
- Topic 3A: Examine Project Selection
- Topic 3B: Prepare a Project Statement of Work
- Topic 3C: Create a Project Charter
- Topic 3D: Identify the Elements of a Project Management Plan
Managing Project Scope
- Topic 4A: Document Stakeholder Requirements
- Topic 4B: Create a Scope Statement
- Topic 4C: Develop a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic 4D: Review Deliverables and Work Results
- Topic 4E: Control the Project Scope
Estimating Project Time
- Topic 5A: Create an Activity List
- Topic 5B: Create a Project Schedule Network Diagram
- Topic 5C: Estimate Activity Resources
- Topic 5D: Estimate Duration for Project Activities
Developing and Controlling a Project Schedule
- Topic 6A: Draft a Project Schedule
- Topic 6B: Identify the Critical Path
- Topic 6C: Optimize the Project Schedule
- Topic 6D: Establish a Schedule Baseline
- Topic 6E: Control the Project Schedule
Analyzing Project Cost
- Topic 7A: Estimate Project Costs
- Topic 7B: Establish the Cost Baseline
- Topic 7C: Reconcile Funding and Costs
- Topic 7D: Control Project Costs
Measuring Project Quality
- Topic 8A: Create a Quality Management Plan
- Topic 8B: Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
- Topic 8C: Perform Quality Control
Organizing Human Resources for a Project
- Topic 9A: Document the Project Roles, Responsibilities, and Reporting Relationships
- Topic 9B: Acquire the Project Team
- Topic 9C: Develop the Project Team
- Topic 9D: Manage the Project Team
Devising Effective Communication Methods
- Topic 10A: Identify Project Stakeholders
- Topic 10B: Create a Communications Management Plan
- Topic 10C: Distribute Project Information
- Topic 10D: Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Topic 10E: Report on Project Performance
Analyzing Project Risks
- Topic 11A: Examine a Risk Management Plan
- Topic 11B: Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Topic 11C: Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Topic 11D: Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Topic 11E: Develop a Risk Response Plan
- Topic 11F: Monitor and Control Project Risks
Processing Project Procurements
- Topic 12A: Plan Project Procurements
- Topic 12B: Prepare a Procurement Statement of Work
- Topic 12C: Prepare a Procurement Document
- Topic 12D: Examine the Conduct Procurements Process
- Topic 12E: Obtain Responses from Sellers
- Topic 12F: Determine Project Sellers
- Topic 12G: Administer Project Procurements
- Topic 12H: Close Project Procurements
Integrating Project Workflow
- Topic 13A: Identify the Direct and Manage Project Execution Process
- Topic 13B: Identify the Monitor and Control Project Work Process
- Topic 13C: Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Topic 13D: Utilize the Integrated Change Control System
- Topic 13E: Close the Project or Phase Administratively
Appendix A: Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Appendix B: Interpersonal Skills Required for a Project Manager
Appendix C: Updates to the PMBOK® Fourth Edition Guide
Appendix D: Project Management Processes