Course Code: ITCSI10
Duration: 3 days
The CSI course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course. It is intended for individuals who require a detailed understanding of the Continual Service Improvement phase of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance overall service quality and service provision within an organization as an integral part of an overall business‐focused Service Management framework.
This course is one of the Intermediate Level certification courses and is recommended for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the CSI element of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organization, for example:
- IT professionals working in roles associated with overall quality or continual improvement within a service-based business model.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert™ level certification in ITSM for which these are prerequisite modules or seeking progress towards the ITIL Master™ standing in ITSM for which the ITIL Expert™ certification is a prerequisite.
The main focus of this course is on the managerial and control aspects of the CSI environment. This course has a number
of study units with practical application to reinforce the knowledge gained. These include:
- CSI and the Service Lifecycle:
- Understand the Service Lifecycle and the purpose, objectives, scope and business value of CSI
- CSI Principles:
- Understand the common principles and guidelines that influence the performance of the CSI process, including: CSI roles; its relationships with accountability, organizational change and Service / Service Level Management; the criticality of the Deming Cycle; the importance of Knowledge Management and the use of internal and external benchmarks; the role of good governance, the CSI register and the use of other frameworks, models, standards and quality systems
- CSI Processes & Activities:
- Understand in detail the activities primarily involved in the CSI phase of the Service Lifecycle, including the 7‐ step improvement process; how CSI integrates with other phases of the Service Lifecycle; service measurement and reporting; the importance of defining metrics; the concept of ROI and establishing business cases; the relationships between CSI and other Service Management processes and the challenges, critical success factors and risks involved
- CSI Methods & Techniques:
- Understand the wide variety of methods and techniques that can be employed in the CSI phase of the Service Lifecycle and how benchmarking and gap analysis can provide insight into areas that have room for improvement
- Implementing CSI:
- Where to start, the role of governance, organizational change and the communication strategy and plan
- Technology for CSI:
- An overview of the use of tools and technology to support CSI and are critical for its success
This is an intensive three-day course that includes the official APMG certification exam.
The CSI course and exam are very challenging and it is therefore recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the Continual Service Improvement publication prior to the course start and allow for a minimum of 90 minutes of study per evening during the course.
Note: This ITIL publication is NOT included with the course but can be purchased from email@example.com.
This course forms part of the ITIL v3 Intermediate qualification program. Successfully passing the 90 minute in-class exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions leads to the ITIL v3 Intermediate Service Lifecycle Certificate: Continual Service Improvement. The pass mark is 70% (28/40) or more.
Successful completion of this course and exam provides 3 points of the necessary 15 ‘electives’ to achieve theITIL Expert™ certification (2 points for Foundation and 5 points for Managing Across the Life Cycle are mandatory).
Each student will receive a full color course binder containing lecture notes, in-course exercises and answers, homework, practice questions and a practice exam. The ITIL Continual Service Improvement Key Element Guide will also be provided. All materials are distributed on the first day.
All DIYmonde instructors are fully qualified and accredited by the appropriate examination board.