Course Code: PM06
Duration: 4 days
Your ability as a Program Manager to demonstrate best practices in program management—both on the job and through professional certification—is becoming the standard to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace.
You will apply the generally recognized practices of program management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
This course is designed for experienced program management professionals interested in formal program management training, professionals working toward the Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Program Management Professional (PgMP)SM certification, or completing Professional Development Units for PgMP renewal.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the organizational management processes.
- Identify the program management framework.
- Describe the basic program management themes.
- Describe the program management life cycle phases.
- Identify various program management processes.
- Describe the initiate program process.
- Describe the tools involved in planning program processes.
- Identify the program infrastructure.
- Describe how to plan program governance, stakeholder management, and communications.
- Identify methods to plan and analyze risk management.
- Describe the plan program cost and budget processes.
- Describe the plan program procurement and contracts processes.
- Describe the plan program quality and audits process.
- Describe the processes involved in executing a program.
- Describe the processes involved in monitoring and controlling program integration, scope, time, and cost.
- Describe the control of program quality and communications.
- Identify the steps involved in monitoring and controlling program performance, risks, and contracts.
- Describe the program closure processes.
Understanding Organizational Management Processes
- Topic 1A: Describe the Fundamentals of Project Management
- Topic 1B: Describe Project Management Processes
- Topic 1C: Examine Organizational Structures
Identifying the Program Management Framework
- Topic 2A: Introduction to Program Management
- Topic 2B: Examine the Program Life Cycle
- Topic 2C: Identify Program Management Roles
Examining the Program Management Themes
- Topic 3A: Describe the Program Benefits Management Theme
- Topic 3B: Describe the Program Stakeholder Management Theme
- Topic 3C: Describe the Program Governance Theme
- Topic 3D: Describe Program Governance across the Program Life Cycle
Understanding the Program Management Life Cycle Phases
- Topic 4A: Describe Phase One: Pre-Program Set Up
- Topic 4B: Describe Phase Two: Program Set Up
- Topic 4C: Describe Phase Three: Establish Program Management and Technical Infrastructure
- Topic 4D: Describe Phase Four: Deliver the Benefits
- Topic 4E: Describe Phase Five: Close the Program
Identifying Program Management Processes
- Topic 5A: Introduction to Program Management Processes
- Topic 5B: Describe the Program Management Organization
- Topic 5C: Identify the Communication Channels
- Topic 5D: Create the Program Definition Statement
- Topic 5E: Establish the Program Financial Framework
- Topic 5F: Manage the Program Benefits
Initiating the Program
- Topic 6A: Identify Program Initiation Fundamentals
- Topic 6B: Authorize Projects
- Topic 6C: Initiate a Program Team
Planning the Program Process
- Topic 7A: Develop the Program Management Plan
- Topic 7B: Plan Program Interface
- Topic 7C: Plan Program Transition
- Topic 7D: Plan Program Resources
Developing the Program Infrastructure
- Topic 8A: Plan for Human Resources
- Topic 8B: Plan Program Scope Definition
- Topic 8C: Create the Program WBS
- Topic 8D: Develop the Program Schedule
Planning Program Governance, Stakeholder Management, and Communications
- Topic 9A: Plan Program Governance
- Topic 9B: Plan Program Stakeholder Management
- Topic 9C: Plan Program Communications
Planning and Analyzing Risk Management
- Topic 10A: Plan for Program Risks
- Topic 10B: Identify Risks
- Topic 10C: Analyze Risks
- Topic 10D: Plan Program Risk Response
Planning Program Cost and Budget
- Topic 11A: Plan the Program Cost Estimate and Budget
- Topic 11B: Plan the Program Cost
- Topic 11C: Plan Program Cost Budgeting
Planning Program Procurement and Contracts
- Topic 12A: Plan Program Purchases and Acquisitions
- Topic 12B: Plan Program Contracting
Planning Program Quality and Audits
- Topic 13A: Plan Program Quality
- Topic 13B: Plan Audits
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification
You should also have some work experience in the area of project and program management and be familiar with general project and program management terms and concepts.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.