Automation in testing is key to improving the throughput of development teams and required to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery goals. Selenium is a collection of open sourced tools that automates web testing, with Selenium IDE being based on click-to-record and test playback technology. This virtual based course introduces Selenium IDE and how to use it in your testing environments.
• What are the three Selenium products and how does Selenium IDE fit within them
• Using the IDE to record tests
• Identifying element targets:
• Using browser inspectors
• Selenium target types
• How to use alternative targets
• Introduction to XPath and how to use it to specify targets
• Selenium IDE commands
The course is hands-on with an emphasis on exercises and discussion. Students are expected to have Selenium IDE installed in order to get hands-on practice. The course delivery is done through virtual tools, with a balance between instruction, demonstration and practical experience.