Emotional intelligence is the intangible “something” in each of us that guides how we manage our behavior, navigate complex social interactions, and make personal decisions that affect ourselves and others. Our success in the business world depends on many factors, and research into the subject of Emotional Intelligence indicates that up to 67% of all competencies deemed essential for high performance are related to our emotional intelligence (EQ). The research further suggests that our EQ matters twice as much as our technical knowledge or IQ for high performance in the workplace. This workshop focuses on learning what is emotional intelligence, and on the strategies for maximizing or effective use of emotional intelligence in the workplace.
This course uses the Everything DiSC Workplace self-assessment as the foundation for the discussions related to knowing your own personality anchored behavioural preferences and identifying the behavioural preferences of others.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Know their own personality anchored behavioral preferences and how to identify those behavioral preferences in others,
- Know what emotional intelligence is, and its importance to their career,
- Know the five key dimensions of emotional intelligence,
- Know key strategies for better managing their emotional responses and how they project themselves,
- Know strategies for navigating social interactions,
- Be able to improve their effectiveness through increased self-awareness and application of the principles of emotional intelligence.